[Spambayes] RV: I18N and L10N

Thomas Juntunen tmj at juntunen.us
Sat Nov 15 10:10:20 EST 2003

On 11/14/2003, spambayes-request at python.org imposed order on a stream of electrons to say:

>All right, third try, then I'll quit :-)
>
>Since you guys state very clearly that no one should email the developers
>directly I'm putting this here. I just want to ask if there's any interest
>at all in having Spambayes available in Spanish or not.

I'm not one of the developers, but are you aware that SpamBayes is an open source project with all the source code and docs freely available for downloading? If you have a working familiarity with Python, no one will stop you from making all the necessary changes to the presentation logic. As I understand the SB mechanism, it shouldn't matter much what language the content is in; your training choices will build an appropriate training db.

Once you have a Spanish-version complete, I'm sure the developers woould be glad to find room for it on the web site.

HTH,
Thomas Juntunen