[Spambayes] RE: pop3 culler

Coe, Bob rcoe at CambridgeMA.GOV
Sun Nov 16 10:33:44 EST 2003

If Andrew's PC has a full-time connection to the Internet, he might be able to do it without even writing a script. The PC would be allowed to download everything, accommodating the ISP's restriction on mailbox size. Then assuming a firewall penetrable by an authenticated client, Andrew would connect his laptop to his PC, download what he wants, leave what he prefers to read later, and delete the rest. I'm assuming that the Spambayes POP3 proxy, which I haven't used, functions as both a POP3 client and a POP3 server. If it doesn't, there are other proxies (VPOP3, for example) that do.

Bob