[Spambayes] Install problem Outlook 2002// spambayes_addin.dll//other addin present

Milton Charlton milton at spine.med.utoronto.ca
Tue Nov 18 11:24:14 EST 2003

My previous complaint referred to Outlook XP when I am actually running
Outlook 2002 in XP Home with all XP and Office 2002 updates installed.
I am also running a previously installed addin called Sperry Duplicate email
eliminator.  Could that cause a problem?  Sperry says "our software was
tested with a lot of third party add-ins and software.  There are no known
issues of installation problem between those add-ins."

When I try to install Spambayes to Outlook 2002 I get this error that
concerns
the file spambayes_addin.dll:
Unable to register the DLL/OCX:  DllRegisterServer;failed; code 0x00000000.
Norton anti virus is turned off and Zonealarm is turned off.
The machine is P4 on an Intel motherboard using a Matrox dual monitor card.
Palm Hotsync is running and Pivot software is running.

Milton P. Charlton, Professor
Physiology Department
Medical Science Building RM.# 3308
University of Toronto