[Spambayes] sb_mboxtrain.py reformatting email?

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Tue Nov 18 15:03:57 EST 2003

    Tommy> it's been a few days since I sent this...  if there are no
    Tommy> options for keeping this from happening, perhaps someone can
    Tommy> point me to where I can change it in my own copy of the source?

Tommy,

I would have thought someone with stronger credentials in this area would
have responded, so I didn't respond to your original post.  I think the
place you need to look for this is in the email package, probably starting
with the Generator module.  Depending what version of Python you're using,
that will have either come with your Python distro or be one that you
downloaded (to get a recent enough version for SpamBayes' use).  I suspect
it doesn't pay attention to headers which were already folded when it parses
the message headers.

If/when you find bugs, you probably will want to post them to (at least) the
mimelib SF project, and possibly the Python bugs page as well.

Skip