[Spambayes] Question - Deleted mail not coming of the server (Win2000)

Kenny Pitt kennypitt at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 18 15:09:37 EST 2003

oscanuch at prolog.net wrote:
>     I have been using your latest version of Spambayes for a few
> weeks now to manage the junk mail on several of my PC's that run
> Outlook.  I have noticed that the mail I am deleting as junk mail is
> staying on the pop server.  If I stop Spambayes and delete the
> messages manually I see no such delay.  I am familiar with my outlook
> settings and have confirmed that all messages deleted from the
> filtered pop accounts are set to be removed from the server when the
> deleted items folder is emptied.  Can you give me some advise to
> correct this delay problem?

SpamBayes does not put items that it classifies as spam, or items that
you delete as spam via the toolbar, into the Deleted Items folder.  They
are moved to a "quarantine" folder, and you can find the name of this
folder by looking on the Filtering tab in SpamBayes Manager.

If you have Outlook configured to only remove messages from your POP
server when Deleted Items is emptied, then you first need to delete the
spam messages from the quarantine folder before you empty Deleted Items.

--
Kenny Pitt