[Spambayes] outlook express

Jim McAtee jmcatee at mediaodyssey.com
Tue Nov 18 22:53:45 EST 2003

Somewhere in the documentation, probably for the POP3 proxy, it's stated that
the forwarding (to the SMTP proxy) method of training the server doesn't work
with Outlook Express because OE may not forward all headers.  I was wondering
if anyone has reviewed this lately for the most recent version(s) of Outlook
Express to see if it's still a valid statement.  And what are the problems
caused in the training when these headers are lost?  I'd like to use this
method to do the occasional training of Spambayes, unless it's unwise.

I get over 1000 messages a day (mostly from technical mailing lists) with
about 30% spam.  Using the 'Review messages' web page with cached messages is
getting more and more unworkable with this volume of mail.