[Spambayes] love your product but.....

Jeff Foster jfoster at agmac.com
Wed Nov 19 19:02:22 EST 2003

My name is Jeff Foster. I am running Spambayes Outlook Ad in .081 in Outlook
2000 on a Fujitsu Laptop using Windows 98 Second Edition. Here is a copy of
my log file

Loaded bayes database from 'C:\WINDOWS\Application
Data\SpamBayes\default_bayes_database.db'
Loaded message database from 'C:\WINDOWS\Application
Data\SpamBayes\default_message_database.db'
Bayes database initialized with 660 spam and 41 good messages
SpamBayes Outlook Addin, Binary version 0.81 (September 9, 2003) starting
(with engine SpamBayes Beta2, version 0.2 (July 2003))
on Windows 4.10.67766446 ( A )
using Python 2.3+ (#46, Aug  6 2003, 16:39:24) [MSC v.1200 32 bit (Intel)]
SpamBayes: Watching for new messages in folder  Inbox
SpamBayes: Watching for new messages in folder  Junk E-Mail
Message 'RE: Code of Ethics/Core Curriculum Classes' had a Spam
classification of 'No'
Processing 1 missed spam in folder 'Inbox' took 4636.41ms
FAILED to add the toolbar item 'SpamBayesCommand.Manager' - (-2147352567,
'Exception occurred.', (0, None, None, None, 0, -2147467259), None)
Deleted the dead popup control - re-creating
Message 'RE: Code of Ethics/Core Curriculum Classes' had a Spam
classification of 'No'
Message 'Re: Code of Ethics/Core Curriculum Classes' had a Spam
classification of 'No'
Message 'Cheapest Phentermine on the Internet!' had a Spam classification of
'Unsure'
Message 'Re: OOOOPS, I forgot about my buddies' had a Spam classification of
'No'
Saving configuration -> C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\SpamBayes\Microsoft
Outlook Internet Settings.ini
Spam filtering is disabled - ignoring new message
Spam filtering is disabled - ignoring new message
Spam filtering is disabled - ignoring new message
Current version is 0.81, latest is 0.81.

Outlook constantly "locks up". As you can see I have now disabled Spam
filtering and since then have not experienced any problems. I have another
computer in the office running Windows NT that I cannot even open Outlook
since installing Spambayes.
Please advise.