[Spambayes] Outlook add-in

Chris Rees Chris.Rees at Charteris.com
Thu Nov 20 06:48:33 EST 2003

I have the latest version of the add-in installed on Outlook 2003 under
Windows XP on my laptop and desktop. At first it worked fine on both.
Then it stopped working on the desktop, but continued to work on the
laptop. I tried reinstalling Outlook and Spambayes (about three times)
and Python, and following the instructions on the Troubleshooting page.
I eventually found that in Help>About Microsoft Outlook there is a
Disabled items button and there was Spambayes, because Outlook thought
that it was interfering! I hit Enable and it works.

So I no longer have a problem and thanks for the tip, but you may wish
to update the Troubleshooting: the addin is NOT listed on the Com Addins
list which shows when you hit the COM addins button. The list is empty.
Re-installing did not work, as noted above.

The remedy is actually listed in the Troubleshooting page but for
Outlook 2002 not 2003.

Hope this helps. It's a great piece of software.

Regards,

Chris Rees

This message from Charteris plc has been checked for viruses
http://www.charteris.com/