[Spambayes] need .spambayesrc in *nix

Atom 'Smasher' atom at suspicious.org
Fri Nov 21 01:25:03 EST 2003

> > are there any other .spambayes* files?
>
> SpamBayes will create two database files as well, but it takes care of
> managing those (although you can set where they are located and what format
> they are in).
=========================
i seem to have these databases:
	.hammiedb.bak	.hammiedb.dat	.hammiedb.dir

i thought some docs also mentioned:
	.spambayes_hammie.db.dat	.spambayes_hammie.db.dir

are those still used? or is that an older version of what i have?

> > also, where is the documentation for the stuff that lives in that file?
>
> Look at FAQs 4.11 and 4.12:
>
> <http://spambayes.sourceforge.net/faq.html#how-do-i-configure-spambayes>
> <http://spambayes.sourceforge.net/faq.html#now-i-know-what-the-format-looks-
> like-but-what-options-do-i-need-to-set>
=========================
a *LOT* of stuff! i'll read through that, but it seems to work fine with
no rc file... i guess it just falls back on the defaults...

thanks....

        ...atom

PGP key - http://smasher.suspicious.org/pgp.txt
3EBE 2810 30AE 601D 54B2 4A90 9C28 0BBF 3D7D 41E3

	"Government is not the solution to our problem,
	 government is the problem."
		-- Ronald Reagan
		Inaugural Address, 20 Jan 1981