[Spambayes] Help! Can't install 1.0a7, blew up previous install of a6

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Mon Nov 24 17:39:23 EST 2003

[Tom]
> Can I unzip into the final location where it will be executed from
> forevermore?

[Richie]
> No, that's not how it works.  When you unpack the archive,
> the files that you unpack are copied by the installer
> (setup.py) into their final location.  Once you've installed
> it, you can then delete the unpacked files - they're not
> needed any more.
>
> On your machine, the location for the installed script files
> is D:\programs\python\Scripts - that's where you should run them from.

Note that there is one exception to this (which is a known problem with the
current release, and will be fixed for the next one), which applies if you
use the pop3proxy_tray.py script.

The script needs some files that don't get copied across to the Python
scripts directory; so you either have to run the tray script from the
(spambayes) windows directory (but you can delete the rest of the archive),
or copy across the missing files.