[Spambayes] sb_server.py on linux - web interface not working

papaDoc papaDoc at videotron.ca
Tue Nov 25 13:19:59 EST 2003

Hi Morgan,

We need more info,

> I'm installing spambayes on my DSL gateway, a debian linux box.

This is good ;-)

> I'm running the following command line:
> /usr/bin/sb_server.py -D /var/spambayes/spam.pickle pop.mcode.co.za
>
> I get the following text when it starts:
>
> > SpamBayes POP3 Proxy Beta3, version 0.3 (September 2003),
> > using SpamBayes POP3 Proxy Web Interface Alpha3, version 0.03
> > and engine SpamBayes Beta2, version 0.2 (July 2003).

> pop.mcode.co.za:110
> > User interface url is http://localhost:8880/
>
> The problem is that the web interface is not working. If I use Mozilla
> to go to the URL (from a different box on my network) I get "Document
> contains no data".

So if I understand correctly
On PC (pc_A) you do: /usr/bin/sb_server.py -D /var/spambayes/spam.pickle
pop.mcode.co.za
On PC (pc_B) you do: http://localhost:8880/ ????
You should do: http://pc_A:8880/ since on pc_B localhost is the same as pc_B

> If I telnet to the port, I get the following:
>
> > # telnet localhost 8880
> > Trying 127.0.0.1...
> > Connected to localhost.
> > Escape character is '^]'.
> > GET /
> >
> > HTTP/1.0 400 Error
> > Connection: close

> closed by foreign host.

You are on which pc when you do that ?
you should be on pc_A

> If I start sb_server.py with -b, it opens lynx on my gateway box,
> which just sits there trying to connect until I hit ^C. Then I get:

Do you get any error before doing the ^C ?

Remi

P.S, My question are very basic but your message is not clear (at least
to me ;-6  ) but from your setup you don't  look like
        a "debutant". (debian, lynx, unstable....)

P.S,S My home server run Debian (Woody) with the oython from the
unstable and I'm able to run sb_mboxtrain and sb_filter but
I did not try the sb_serber.  you can also try to create the database
with sb_mboxtrain just to test the database creation.