[Spambayes] Can't start pop3proxy_service alpha 7

Richie Hindle richie at entrian.com
Tue Nov 25 17:42:14 EST 2003

Martin,

> msginfoDB = MessageInfoPickle(message_info_db_name)
> [...]
> KeyError: '\x00'

I'm half guessing, but I wonder if your old bsddb messageinfo database is
now being erroneously loaded as a pickle?  There's a new feature in 1.0a7
whereby if you're using a pickle for your main DB, the messageinfo DB is
also a pickle.  Deleting the old one should sort it out (since you're not
using the IMAP filter, deleting it is quite safe).  Shut down sb_server
(or whatever you run), delete spambayes.messageinfo.db and restart.

WHAT_IS_NEW.txt claims that the upgrade will have no ill effects outside
the IMAP filter, but perhaps we got that wrong?

--
Richie Hindle
richie at entrian.com