[Spambayes] sb_imapfilter.py AssertionError: hamcount <= nham

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Sun Nov 30 18:39:29 EST 2003

    Tony> When I classify through sb_imapfilter.py, I am getting an
    Tony> AssertionError. Any ideas?

That indicates a corrupt database.  Do you ever kill sb_imapfilter.py
without giving it a chance to clean up properly or run two SpamBayes
applications which might both want to write to the same database (say,
sb_server.py or sb_filter.py as well as sb_imapfilter.py)?  If so, you'll
need to figure out a way to avoid that.

To work around the problem, I suggest you zap your training database and
start from scratch.  If you don't solve the underlying problem you'll
probably encounter it again.

Skip