[Spambayes] I have some questions....

John D. lists at webcrunchers.com
Tue Oct 7 00:49:53 EDT 2003

I used to be getting postings from people who are able to acquire
a database of word count probabilities...   Something like this...

penis    .997
mortgage .887
.
.
.
myname   .001

Where there is a word,  then a decimal number from 0 - 1,  giving it
a probability....   I know some people were generating these files
from processing their Corpuses.

I just donloaded a fresh release of the SpamBayes work,  would some
sample files like that be in there?    Or was this generated by a program
which processes the corpuses,  or is this a corpus?

Does a file like this exist?    If so,   could someone send it to me?
Or tell me where I can download it?

Another problem I'm having is getting the web based configuration to work
remotely.   I can access it via "localhost",  but I also want to be able to access it remotely (because our server is not here).  I'm not that concerned with security,  because we're just doing some testing,  and need to test it
from outside the localhost.   Initially,  I thought it might be because I had not opened up the ports on the firewall,  but I eliminated that possibility.

What do I have to do,  to get access to it remotely.   I know eventually,
Im not going to want to configure it remotely,  but right now,  I do.

John