[Spambayes] Total emails trained on web interface

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Tue Oct 7 22:52:39 EDT 2003

> Where is this information stored ?

With the statistical information about the tokens in a database.

> I had clocked up 90 spam and 78 ham.  I rebooted the server
> and this went back to 0 for both.

The two most obvious explanations for this are that your database has
become corrupted, or that spambayes can't find your database.  If you
use the web interface configuration page, you can set the location of
the database - a full path ("C:\whatever\hammie.db", not just
"hammie.db") is best.

> The ini file and pickle are still in
> place and the ini file is being picked up when I run the web
> interface.  I assume that my training is still there, just
> not reporting the totals ?

Are you definitely using a pickle and not dbm?  If that's the case, then
it's extremely unlikely that the database has become corrupted.  The
easy way to check if the training is still there is to type a message
into the "Classify message" box on the front page of the web interface
and see what it scores (anything will do).  If it's exactly 0.5, and the
aren't any clues generated (apart from the *H* and *S* ones), then there
isn't any training information.

If the training data is there and the interface does report that it
isn't, you should probably open a bug report so that we get this fixed:
<http://sf.net/projects/spambayes>