[Spambayes] Is SSL functional in sb_imapfilter?

jacob-spambayes-list at statisticalanomaly.com jacob-spambayes-list at statisticalanomaly.com
Wed Oct 8 14:39:30 EDT 2003

Hello everyone,

I have been trying to determine if SSL connections are possible in the
most recent release of sb_imapfilter.  I can succesfully connect to a
non-SSL IMAP server, but when I change the address to be
mail.mywebserver.com:993, I can no longer connect.  sb_imapfilter
complains that "Invalid server or port, please check these settings."

I can connect to the server via other major programs, so I suspect that
the connection is being sent on the right port, but not over SSL.  How do
I correct that?

So you know, the relevant line from the .ini file is:
server:xxxxx.xxxxxxx.xxx:993