[Spambayes] Install .81

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Wed Oct 8 21:43:15 EDT 2003

> Hey guys I have heard great things about your Spambayes
> product, when attempting to install this on my machine we had
> a power failure.  It happened during the training portion of
> the install, this left me without anything in the drop down
> list and could not start anything at that point. I removed
> the product and attempted to reinstall but it did not work.
> The log says that it was successfully installed however there
> are no icons in Outlook and I have no option to train.

It's probably best to completely uninstall and start again.  Uninstall in
the usual way, and the also:

 * Delete (if it exists) the data directory folder that gets created.  The
FAQ has details about how to find this, but it's probably C:\Documents and
Settings\[username]\Application Data\Spambayes.  The uninstaller doesn't
remove this data.

 * Delete the toolbar (if it exists).  Right click on any toolbar in
Outlook, choose customize, and then remove the SpamBayes toolbar.

Then try reinstalling; everything *should* work again.