[Spambayes] Spam Filter

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Thu Oct 9 18:11:47 EDT 2003

> I have developed SMTP Mail server to receive mails and
> another module to Parse the mail and the store the contents
> In the Database.(in C language). Now I wand to Filter the
> spam Mails, before putting the mails to the Database.I also
> came to understand that Bayesian filters are the best choice
> to do this.I am interested to develop the same in C lanlguage.

Spambayes is written in Python, not in C.  If you understand Python, then
you could probably port the relevant code to C (although why you would want
to is another question).  You can also call the Python code from C (the
Python documentation has information about doing this), but again, it's
dubious that you would want to do this.  You could also run spambayes as a
separate process (using sb_xmlrpcserver.py, probably), and have your C
program communicate with it.

You might be better off finding a Bayesian filter coded in C that you can
use.  There are links to other Bayesian spam filters from our website:
<http://spambayes.org>