[Spambayes] Simple and direct help with Netscape integration

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Thu Oct 9 22:10:35 EDT 2003

> I was certainly in the right directory. When I typed 'dir'
> return in that directory I could see the file 'setup.py'
> but whether I added the word install with or without a
> space between made no difference.
> Python is installed in C:\python23. In dos mode when
> I typed 'C:\python 23\python.exe setup.py install' the
> computer returned the message 'cannot open setup.py'

This is very strange (I had hoped that someone else would have an idea,
but no-one's spoken up yet).  If you leave the "install" bit out (i.e.
"C:\python23\python.exe setup.py" without the quotes) do you get a
message saying "error: no commands supplied", or still the "python:
cannot open setup.py"?

You could try "C:\python23\python.exe .\setup.py install" in case python
isn't searching the current directory for some reason.

If you run "type setup.py" do you get the contents of setup.py printed
to the screen?