[Spambayes] SpamBayes Has Stopped Working with Outlook 2002

Kevin Thornsberry kevin_thornsberry at compuserve.com
Fri Oct 10 11:43:07 EDT 2003

I've been using SpamBayes for about a month with great success as an add-in to
outlook 2002.

Today, while configuring some software that synchronises an outlook contact
folder with my Nokia phone I saw a brief message flash saying something about
disabling spam filtering.

Now SpamBays is no longer working.  This is what I experience.

Upon opening Outlook I do not get the usual delay before my Send/Receive begins.
I see the SpamBayes dropdown in the toolbar but clicking on it doesn't drop
anything down.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times.
I've tried renaming the old SpamBays folders and *.ini files and reinstalling.

No matter what I have tried, the SpamBays button still shows on the toolbar but
does nothing.

Can anyone recommend a way to get this fixed or to truly uninstall SpamBays so I
can start from Scratch.

Thank you.