[Spambayes] Training via web interface hangs

Alan Campbell alan at mullen.demon.co.uk
Sat Oct 11 13:56:47 EDT 2003

I have never been able to train Spambayes using the web interface.

I am using pop3proxy_service on a W2K server.  When I go to the training
page, it shows the mails that I have received that day and their
classification.  I make a few adjustments and click on the train button,
but nothing happens.  The browser (MS IE 6) reports that it it opening
page http://server1:8880/review and the progress bar starts go
increment, but only ever gets as far as 6 bars.  I letf it running for 2
hours last night, but still nothing.

Are there any logs I can look at ?  Anyone have any pointers as to how I
can find out what is going on ?

I think I read somewhere that if pop3proxy_service is compiled into a
exe that it logs to a log file, but if its run from the .py source, it
doesn't log.  Is this correct ?

Thanks

Alan