[Spambayes] SpamBayes vs. Outlook Mailbox Rules - final

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Sun Oct 12 19:38:41 EDT 2003

> > It is subtle, but the "tool tips" on all these dialogs work -
> > click on the "?" at the top of the dialog, then on any item
> > in the dialog to see what the option does.
>
> Whoa ! Great !

Hmm - Tim Peters can't see them.  Can anyone else confirm that a Windows 98
machine does not work with the tooltips on the main "SpamBayes Manager"
dialog?

> Maybe it has to do with the fact I'm way confused searching
> for information or help on SpamBayes: The web page provides
> general information on the python project, a few webpages
> shipped with the outlook-addin do explain the most important
> steps, the troubleshooting-page refers to the faq (to be read
> online at best) and the mailing list. Did I miss something ?

You didn't miss anything, but you do seem to be making the assumption that
someone has actually put serious effort into any documentation!  That simply
hasn't happened.  Most Outlook related docs have been written by me, and
every time I try and put effort into improving them, I convince myself that
my time is better spent in the code (at least until out bug list reduces).

It is no coincidence that in a number of places we say "we need your help,
but you don't need to be a programmer - please fix our docs!" (well, maybe
not in those words, but that is what we mean <wink>)

Mark.