[Spambayes] Outlook add-in misfeature

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Sun Oct 12 20:34:39 EDT 2003

I agree this is a bug, but really am lost as to what to do about it.  Early
versions worked probably as they had "temporary" toolbar items.

I guess a solution would be to make the SpamBayes toolbar invisible as we
exit, and visible as we initialize.  Then a machine without SpamBayes wont
make it visible.

A better option of course is to arrange for SpamBayes to follow you too -
install it to a directory that follows you, then on any machine execute
"regsvr32 outlook_addin.dll" to make it function the the first time on a
machine.  Add "regsvr32 -s \path\to\outlook_addin.dll" to your startup
group, and you can forget about it for all time <winnk>

Please open a bug though if you think it should be fixed (assign to me, and
add my suggestion for a fix)

Mark.