[Spambayes] (no subject)

K. H. Gowranga gowranga at serc.iisc.ernet.in
Tue Oct 14 12:07:29 EDT 2003

Hello,

I am not able to view the mailing list meant for users via the web and so
I am sending you this mail. I have installed "python2.3", Berkeley4.1,
bsddb3-4.1.6 and "spambayes-1.0a6" on a AIX 4.3.2. Compilation and
installation went through well but permissions to create a new database
".hammiedb" requires root to do it. Kindly suggest how this can be done by
a user himself. The error message when a user tries to run setup.py is:

error: /usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages/spambayes/cdb.py: Permission
denied

And on running sb_filter.py, the user gets the error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/sb_filter.py", line 53, in ?
    from spambayes import hammie, Options, mboxutils
ImportError: No module named spambayes

Thanks in advance

-gowranga