[Spambayes] HELP

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Wed Oct 15 19:10:03 EDT 2003

> I have been trying to find one of these files and in win 2000 these
> directories, at the bottom of this page, don't exist, or I don't know how
> find them.

In the 008.1 release, you can go to the advanced tab of the manager dialog
and click "show data directory", and the data directory window will be
opened for you.  In there you should find the databases and the two config
files.

The directories it talks about are:
 * The program directory - this is the directory you chose when you ran the
installer.  If you left it as the default, it would probably be C:\Program
Files\SpamBayes
 * The data directory.  In Win2K, this should be something like C:\Documents
and Settings\[username]\Application Data\SpamBayes

> I can find "default_bayes-customize.ini" and have tried to add:

The bayes_customize.ini file is for customization of the spambayes engine,
not the plug-in.  You need to add the options to the outlook.ini (possibly
named after your profile, like profilename.ini).

> [Filter]
> #Determines if unsure messages are marked as 'Read' as they
> are filtered.
> #See 'spam_mark_as_read' for more details.
> unsure_mark_as_read: True
[...]
> spam_mark_as_read: true

Note that you can set these options via the GUI in the 008.1 release.