[Spambayes] 1.0a6 buggies

Janne Sinkkonen janne.sinkkonen at hut.fi
Thu Oct 16 03:18:48 EDT 2003

First, python-version-independently, there is a slight inconsistency
between the options of sb_dbexpimp.py and sb_filter.py. Look at this:

sb_dbexpimp.py --help
[...]
            -d: FN : name of pickled database file to use
            -D: FN : name of dbm database file to use

sb_filter.py --help
[...]
    -d DBFILE
        use database in DBFILE
    -D PICKLEFILE
        use pickle (instead of database) in PICKLEFILE

This inconsistency is functional, not only in the documentation.

Second, trying to prevent updating of the python in our mail server, I
tried to run spambayes 1.0a6 with python 2.2 and observed the
following:

- The trick for True and False as written at the beginning of
  many files does not work. python 2.2 complains of a name error with False,
  after trapping the name error with True. This works, of course:

try:
    True
except NameError:
    # Maintain compatibility with Python 2.2
    True, False = 1, 0

- I needed to add the trick to sb_filter.py and to Options.py,
classifier.py, hammie.py, and storage.py to get sb_filter to work.

Should I start submitting pathes somewhere?

--
Janne