[Spambayes] notate_subject

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Thu Oct 16 19:17:28 EDT 2003

> I'm using Spambayes-1.0a6.1 with Python-2.3.2, and have a
> question about how the configuration option "notate_subject:"
> works.  In the release notes for a5, it was mentioned by
> Richie Hindle that this option takes "a comma-seperated list
> of one or more of 'spam', 'ham' and 'unsure'."  Can anyone
> post an example of proper usage?  This is what I get:

Hmm.  What happens if you use the web interface (sb_server.py) to set this
option intead?  What do you end up with in your config file?  Note that you
shouldn't use ", " as the separator - it's guessing that " " is the
separator, and that the comma is part of the first two items.  Use " " *or*
",", not both.  This might be the problem, although I suspect not.  The web
interface should get it right, anyway.

> If I run this with "notate_subject:" set to just "unsure", I
> don't get this error, but the subject isn't modified.  Does
> this only work with the POP3 Proxy?

Sorry, yes.  Why do you need to use it if you aren't using the POP3 proxy?
It's really better if you use a header instead.

Note that there's a bug tracker open with a summary something like
"hammie.py adds headers differently to other apps".  When that's closed
(which could be a wee way off), then this will also be resolved.