[Spambayes] 'Connection timed out' problems

Martin Rowe martin at dbg400.net
Fri Oct 17 03:20:34 EDT 2003

On Thursday 16 October 2003 23:24, Richie Hindle wrote:
> [Martin]
>
> > The one problem I've had,
> > about three times now, has been on a timeout to my ISP's pop server.
> > [...]
> > error: uncaptured python exception, closing channel
> > <__main__.ServerLineReader connected at 0x418079ac>
> > (socket.error:(110, 'Connection timed out')
> > [/usr/lib/python2.3/asynchat.py|handle_read|88]
> > [/usr/lib/python2.3/asyncore.py|recv|353])

Hi Richie

It's okay so far

> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> >   File "/usr/bin/sb_server.py", line 829, in ?
> >     run()
> > [...]
> >   File "/usr/lib/python2.3/asyncore.py", line 108, in poll
> >     r, w, e = select.select(r, w, e, timeout)

but that shouldn't have been included :(

> That's a strange traceback - the initial exception message reports the
> location of the exception as "asyncore.py|recv|353" (ie. line 353 of
> asyncore.py in the function 'recv') but the last line of the traceback
> points to line 108, in the function 'poll'.  Sorry to ask what is
> probably a dumb question, but are you sure that's the entire traceback?
>  And were those two sections (the "asyncore.py|recv|353" message and
> the traceback) printed at the same time?

Ignore the second bit - that's down to user ignorance. I had to Ctrl-C to
stop sb_server.py, and that generates the second part of the traceback.
As I've not stopped a happily running instance of sb_server.py before, I
hadn't noticed that it generates the second set anyway (which I found out
just now). Thanks for the pointer - I'd better get the bug report tidied
up...

Regards, Martin
--
martin at dbg400.net  AIM/Gaim: DBG400dotNet  http://www.dbg400.net   /"\
DBG/400 - DataBase Generation utilities - AS/400 / iSeries Open    \ /