[Spambayes] Outlook 2002 add-in -- training ignores messages?

John Hardin hardin at texas.net
Fri Oct 17 10:27:10 EDT 2003

I have 3000+ "ham" messages in my Inbox, and 1300+ "spam" messages in my
SpamAssassin folder.  I've specified these 2 folders as SpamBayes' "Folders
with known good messages" and "Folders with spam or other junk messages"
folders, and yet after training (with "Rebuild entire database" checked) it
only lists a *fraction* of these messages in the statistics on the General
tab (100s of good messages, and 10s of bad messages -- it says I need to
train with more messages!).  It's as if it's ignoring the vast majority of
these messages -- both good and bad (but seems to ignore more bad than
good).

Any ideas what's going on?  I'm running Outlook 2002 on Windows XP Pro --
all the latest patches and service packs.

Thanks in advance for any/all assistance.

Have a great day!

-jwh