[Spambayes] RE: Suggestion/Help offer

Robert K. Coe bob at 1776.com
Sat Oct 18 23:29:47 EDT 2003

I don't mean to be obnoxious about this (I've made this point at least twice before), but you DON'T NEED the filter timer if you're using Outlook in an Exchange environment. If both the origin and destination folders are in the Exchange mailbox, the applicable Outlook filtering rules will be applied on the server, BEFORE Spambayes (which works only on the client) ever gets to see the messages. Only if the origin folder and/or the destination folder is on the client do the Outlook rules (which then have to run on the client) interfere with Spambayes. If you've set up a whitelist rule in Outlook but messages are slipping through it and getting classified as spam, it's probably for that reason.

Just so I stay within my level of expertise, I should state that I've used only Exchange 2000. So I can't swear that Outlook filtering works the same way with earlier versions.

Bob

MIS Department, City of Cambridge
831 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge MA 02139  ·  617-349-4217  ·  fax 617-349-6165