[Spambayes] RE: Suggestion/Help offer

Coe, Bob rcoe at CambridgeMA.GOV
Mon Oct 20 11:52:53 EDT 2003

The page referred to by that link is interesting; I don't believe I'd seen it before. But the salient point is that the rule(s) necessary to accomplish the stated objective (filter on sender address and move the identified messages to a given folder) will run on the server if both the origin folder and the destination folder are on the server. Virtually all of the repeated "whitelist" requests the developers have been getting can be covered by that case. I'll concede the effectiveness of the delayed execution of the Spambayes rules, but it's still a hack. Keeping the two sets of rules out of each other's way would seem to be the safer course of action when it's possible to do so.

Bob

MIS Department, City of Cambridge
831 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge MA 02139  ·  617-349-4217  ·  fax 617-349-6165