[Spambayes] SpamBayes Update query

Peter Johnson svaha at xalt.co.uk
Mon Oct 20 14:34:00 EDT 2003

Dear Sirs,

I am just trying out the Spam Filter for the first time and whilst there
are a few things I am not sure of yet, I am sure most of it will become
clear as I become more familiar with it.  However, I don't seem to be
able to get it to look for the latest version.  This is an extract from
the log file.  I am running an ADSL connection which was live both times
I tried to run the update.  The log doesn't put a timestamp on events,
which might have helped (suggestion?), but the time it occurred was
about 13.40 20/10/03 (UK time).  It looks like it was trying to get the
URL from a file, but couldn't find it?

Error checking the latest version

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "out1.pyz/addin", line 505, in CheckLatestVersion

  File "out1.pyz/spambayes.Version", line 114, in fetch_latest_dict

  File "out1.pyz/urllib2", line 136, in urlopen

  File "out1.pyz/urllib2", line 333, in open

  File "out1.pyz/urllib2", line 313, in _call_chain

  File "out1.pyz/urllib2", line 849, in http_open

  File "out1.pyz/urllib2", line 834, in do_open

URLError: <urlopen error (7, 'getaddrinfo failed')>

ERROR: 'There was an error checking for the latest version\r\nFor
specific details on the error, please see the SpamBayes
log\r\n\r\nPlease check your internet connection, or try again later'

Can you help me?

Regards,

Peter Johnson

Email:

pj at ukf.net

svaha at xalt.co.uk

pjohnson at snorwood99.freeserve.co.uk

This message is intended only for the use of the person(s) ("the
intended recipient(s)") to whom it is addressed.  It may contain
information which is privileged and confidential within the meaning of
applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
the sender as soon as possible.