[Spambayes] SpamBayes and Outlook Rules ...

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Mon Oct 20 17:23:27 EDT 2003

> I use Outlook 2002 at work and have quite a few rules set up
> to sort mail.  I also check mail for three different
> accounts.  I have had the plug-in installed for a little
> while but I noticed that often times the sorting rules I have
> set seem to override SpamBayes.  So if that I get spam
> through an email account which is to be moved to another
> folder, it does not seem to get scored at all.  Telling
> SpamBayes to check this folder too does not help either.
> Does anyone have any ideas on how I can have all messages be
> filtered by SpamBayes *before* any of my rules are run??

You can instead have all your messages be filtered by SpamBayes *after* all
of your rules are run (you need to be using the latest version, 008.1, of
the plug-in).  On the advanced tab of the SpamBayes dialog, enable the
"background filtering" option.  This should have the desired effect.  You
can then get SpamBayes to watch all the folders that mail is moved to.