[Spambayes] moving DB file

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Tue Oct 21 00:07:50 EDT 2003

[Note - for everyone - that you should always cc the list in with your
replies, so that you can benefit from everyone's wisdom, and don't have to
wait for that person to have time to respond]

> Thanks - I added the following lines to the "Microsoft
> Outlook.ini" file and also to the "default_bayes_customize.ini" file.
> [General]
> data_directory:Y:SpamBayes

Take them out of the "default_bayes_customize.ini" file.  At the moment we
ignore any invalid options in there, but that is likely to change at some
point, and this will stop spambayes working for you.  If you look in your
log, you'll see an "invalid option" comment in there each time you start up
complaining about this.

[...]
> When I shut down Outlook and start it up, it is clearly still
> operating on the ones in the Documents and Settings folder.
>
> Can you suggest what I have done wrong in trying to get
> SpamBayes to point to a new data directory?

Take them out of the "Microsoft Outlook.ini" file as well, and move them
into a (new) file called "default_configuration.ini", either in the
spambayes application directory or (doesn't matter which) in the application
data\spambayes directory that the others are in.

This is outlined at the very bottom of the configuration guide in the
outlook docs.