[Spambayes] Upgrading python

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Tue Oct 21 10:42:32 EDT 2003

    >> For the hammie.db database: do you have the old version of python
    >> around still?  If you do, you could use the db_expimp.py script to
    >> convert the db to a pickle/text, and then with the new version
    >> convert it back.  Otherwise I would suspect that the only solution is
    >> to retrain, although I'm no expert on bsddb.

    Mark> Hmm - that would suck royally :( Kristian, please open a bug on
    Mark> this issue - we should handle this in a seamless way.

Alas, there may not be a truly seamless way to handle it.  If the 9.1->9.2
upgrade deleted Python 2.2 and the older version of Berkeley DB (as I
suspect it did), the only real hope to convert the database is if the
Sleepycat utilities RPM is installed.  Kristian, do you have a db_upgrade
executable on your Mandrake 9.2 machine (probably in /usr/bin)?  If so, it
will probably convert your database to the later format.

Skip