[Spambayes] Bug: Outlook 2003 + Spambayes + Preview Pane == Outlook Crash

Kenny Pitt kennypitt at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 24 11:21:22 EDT 2003

Jon Dowell wrote:
> I'm using Windows XP SP1, Outlook 2003 (Final), SpamBayes Add-in 0.81
> (binary version). Log file attached is typical (all crashes produce the same
> log file, basically).
>
> If the Inbox (which is the default folder Outlook start in) has the Reading
> Pane enabled, Outlook crashes just after the reading pane becomes visible.
> This takes just a split-second (I can see it, then it is gone).

Looks from your log like you also have your 'Possible Spam' folder set
to Inbox.  Could you try creating a separate 'Possible Spam' folder and
assigning it in SpamBayes Manager?  It would be interesting to know if
it still crashes in this case.

I'm running Outlook 2003 myself, and I've had no problems with the
reading pane in Inbox.  However, I'm running a newer development version
of the plugin so not sure if something has changed recently that could
be affecting this.

--
Kenny Pitt