[Spambayes] My (SUSPECTED) Junk email folder has disappeared

Ryan Malayter rmalayter at bai.org
Fri Oct 24 15:10:53 EDT 2003

I assume you're using the Outlook plugin.

You probably dragged your possible spam folder into another folder by
accident. This is far too easy to do in Outlook in my opinion; users at
my company do it all the time.

To find the folder, go to the View menu, and choose "folder list". Click
on the plus signs to expand all of your folders until you find it.

If you cannot find the folder it anywhere, the it was accidentally
deleted. It is very, very unlikely that spambayes deleted it as the
result of a bug. I've never seen that happen, or even heard of it
happening.

If it is truly gone, you'll have to recover from your backups. You do
make backups, right? If not, you need to start. If your organization
uses Exchange server as its mail server, you might also be able to use
Outlook's deleted item recovery to get everything back without restoring
from backup media.

One other thing to check: it is possible to accidentally rename folders
in some versions of Outlook. Look for strange folder names in your
search as well (if you renamed it accidentally, it probably has a single
character as the folder name).

Regards,
	Ryan