[Spambayes] Procmail problem

papaDoc papaDoc at videotron.ca
Mon Oct 27 15:14:05 EST 2003

Hi Calin,

The problem might be that you need to defined the PYTHONPATH environment
variable.

You can add this at the beginning of the .procmailrc to have more debug info

 LOGABSTRACT=yes
 VERBOSE=yes
 LOGFILE=$HOME/.procmail.log

># test for spam
>:0 fw
>| /usr/bin/sb_filter.py
>
># is it spam? if so save to spam mbox 'folder'
>:0
>spam
>

>The problem is the following: even though spam gets detected correctly by
>the sb_filter.py script (the X-Spambayes-Classification: spam; 1.00 gets
>inserted into the message header), procmail apparently _never_ makes it to
>the next recipe, the one that sticks messages containing
>ok because I ran this regex with egrep on my inbox and it picked out the
>messages with the spam classification header...
>
>I suspect the problem may have something to do with exit statuses.

The exit status did not change. I'm using a .procmailrc similar to yours
and it is working.

Send the log file on the list after you have reveived some mails if you
don't find the problem.

Remi