[Spambayes] Problem with 1.0a6

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Tue Oct 28 00:24:34 EST 2003

> I'm trying to use the sb_imapfilter.py script in 1.0a6 and
> when it runs (using the suggested command line flags for
> training) I get an error in _extract_fetch_data that says
> "TypeError: expected string or buffer".
>
> I'm curious if anybody else had this problem.

I *think* this is probably one of the problems that I've recently fixed (in
source, i.e. cvs) with imapfilter.

[...]
> Also, if there
> is anything you want me to try out (potential patches, more
> diagnostics) just let me know.

There are plans afoot to put out a new source release, so you could wait (a
week, maybe) for that.  Alternatively, there is a release candidate here:

<http://www.massey.ac.nz/~tameyer/spambayes-1.0a7rc1.zip>
<http://www.massey.ac.nz/~tameyer/spambayes-1.0a7rc1.tar.gz>

These aren't official releases, but you could, if you like, give them a go
and see if they fix the problem.  If you do, it would be great to know
either way.

(If you want to avoid overwriting your existing 1.06 release, you can run
imapfilter from the expanded archive - just set the environment variable
PYTHONPATH to the location of that directory, and put a copy of your
configuration file in the appropriate place).