[Spambayes] Outlook 2003? Plug-in fails to install, am I out of luck?

Kenny Pitt kennypitt at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 28 09:25:44 EST 2003

Barron Mertens wrote:
> I am trying to evaluate Spam Bayes Outlook Plug-in as a possible
> solution to our Spam issues for the rollout of a large Exchange
> 2003/Outlook 2003 project. I was heartbroken when the installer
> failed, I have heard nothing but good things about Spam Bayes, is
> Outlook 2003 supported? Will it be in the future?

A number of people (including myself) have been running the latest
development builds under Outlook 2003 for a while with no problems.  A
new version of the Outlook addin with a (hopefully) much improved
installer is in the works and should be available soon (although there
is currently no definition of exactly when /soon/ is <wink>).

If you like to live dangerously, I would be happy to set up a download
of my personal version of the development installer.  I can't make any
guarantees, however, that it will work as well for you as it has for me
or that there will not be significant differences from what eventually
gets released.

--
Kenny Pitt