[Spambayes] Inbox not updating, no filtering

Med Dyer mdyer at jabra.com
Tue Oct 28 11:03:32 EST 2003

I have installed SpamBayes on a laptop running Outlook 2000 on an office
Exchange server. I trained it using 200+ mails. There are two problems:

1) When I hit "delete as spam" while viewing my inbox, the message does not
get deleted from the window immediately. Only when I do something else, like
scroll down in the message listing or minimize and then maximize the window,
does the "deleted" message actually move from one mail folder to another.

2) Incoming mail is not getting acted on. It appears to be getting scored,
because if I use the "show span clues...", it shows the clues and the
scores. Even when these score is 99%, the message stays in the inbox.

I have not found the button mentioned in the help file -- "Select the
SpamBayes manager, then ensure the button Enable Filtering is checked". I
see a button that says "Enable SpamBayes", but no "Enable Filtering".

Thanks for any help,

Med Dyer

material.  Any review,  retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or
taking of any action in reliance upon,  this information by persons or
entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.
Any opinions expressed in this email are those of the individual and not
necessarily the Company.

If  you receive this transmission in error, please email to
itsupport at gnnetcom.dk, including a copy of this message. Please then
delete this email and destroy any copies of it.