[Spambayes] Sample spam clues for white-on-white message

Kenny Pitt kennypitt at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 28 15:11:57 EST 2003

Gray Norton wrote:
> Looking at my filtering setup, I see that I have filtering enabled for
> my main Inbox folder, as well as for all of its subfolders, into which
> my Outlook rules move messages. I set things up this way because I
> wasn't sure how Spambayes interacted with Outlook rules from a timing
> standpoint and I figured it couldn't hurt to check all of the folders.

I'm sorry, I missed the beginning of this discussion.  What version of
the Outlook addin are you using?

IIRC, there was a problem a couple of versions back where SpamBayes
would train on any message that were moved *into* a filtered folder.
This included messages that were moved by Outlook rules, so if your
rules are moving messages into subfolders that your are filtering then
it would have triggered this condition.  The problem should be fixed in
newer versions (0.81 is current), but old data could still be in your
training database if you previously upgraded from an earlier version.

--
Kenny Pitt