[Spambayes] sharing

Ryan Malayter rmalayter at bai.org
Wed Oct 29 11:05:36 EST 2003

If you're using the Outlook plugin, first set up and train on both
machines independently.

Then, if you want to use updates, just copy your c:\documents ands
settings\username\application data\spambayes\*.DB files from the desktop
machine to the same location on the laptop, overwriting the DB files on
the laptop. So long as SpamBayes is closed when you do this, it won't
know the difference, and will use the "updated" DB from your desktop.

I actually wrote a batch file that synchronizes the DB files on each
machine, copying the newest DB files to both machines. It then launches
Outlook, and waits for you to close outlook, then re-syncs the DB files.
It works well over my VPN connection form home, and does nothing when
the VPN is down.

Regards,
	-Ryan-