[Spambayes] Outlook Security Dialogs

David Barrett dave at redradish.net
Thu Oct 30 18:05:46 EST 2003

Hi all,

I am hoping someone can answer a query that has been bugging me for the
longest time about Outlook.  Outlook 2000 and above have new security
measures that pop up a dialog box when code tries to access
email/addresses.  I have written a VB COM addin (basically a replacement
rules manager for Outlook that has none of the limits of the Microsoft
version), but cannot get around the security dialog.  I have recently
used and tested Spambayes, and no such warning is displayed... could
someone tell me how this is done?!  It it something about the way Python
interfaces with Outlook, or is there simply a way to authorise a COM
add-in to have access (I did wonder about digitally signed code, but
don't have a digital signature to test this).

Any ideas/solutions thankfully received!

Dave Barrett