[Spambayes] RE: Outlook Tip: Archive Spam for Retraining

Coe, Bob rcoe at CambridgeMA.GOV
Fri Oct 31 07:32:00 EST 2003

If you ever have to retrain from the archive file, I'd suggest that you copy the relevant folder to your main .pst file first. My experience has been that it can be very difficult to persuade Spambayes to let go of a .pst file it thinks it needs. If it remembers that it once used your archive .pst file for training, it may try to open it every time you open Outlook. And if it doesn't find it, you may see other things in Outlook stop working correctly. The interaction between Outlook and the Spambayes plugin is apparently complex; It's a good idea not to tempt fate.

Bob

MIS Department, City of Cambridge
831 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge MA 02139  ·  617-349-4217  ·  fax 617-349-6165