[Spambayes] Re: SMTP Errors using Eudora

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Mon Sep 1 18:04:39 EDT 2003

> Finally got 1.12 - same result (500 error from server.)

I think sourceforge is even further than 24 hours behind at the moment.
The fix for all of that is supposedly only days away, though, thank
goodness!

> > The person that submitted the bug says that removing the '\r\n' that

> > is added to "cooked" (right above where I got you to add the
> > debugging statements) works for him.
[...]
> I get the same (expected) results
[...]

Hmm.  I misread the bug report.  The removed '\r\n' wasn't there, it was
a few lines higher (in the if self.inData == True block; it should be
line 225 in v1.12).  Cameron Stone (thanks!) pointed out that the '\r\n'
is added twice there, which (if I am still seeing straight) it shouldn't
be.  I've corrected this (in v1.13), and it still works for me.  It
would be great if it did for you, too.

However, by the QUIT command we shouldn't be in that block, as far as I
can figure. So there's a deeper problem, which I'll keep working on.

> I feel pretty strongly that the 500 response is coming from Norton.

I was beginning to wonder, except for these two new people that have
reported it - at least one of them isn't using Norton.

Thanks,
Tony