[Spambayes] Brief talkthrough on running as a service on Win2k?

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Tue Sep 2 13:21:23 EDT 2003

[Apologies for the delay!]

> I'm running Win2k and use Outlook Express.  So far I've been
> happy with how it's working.  Only problem I'm having is that
> if I compose more than one message off line, then when I send
> the messages, the SMTP only accepts one message and then
> disconnects.  I have to reconnect as many times as their are
> messages.  If there are too many, I get a warning from my
> real SMTP server that there are too many open connections
> from my address and that I should wait awhile.

I'm not certain, but I think this may have now been fixed.  I think this
might have been happening because of the extra \r\n bug, which meant
that the connection would disconnect.  This might have lead to the too
many open connections problem.

Anyway, if you could try out 1.0a5 (due out Thursday) and let us know if
it is fixed, that would be great.  If it's not, then I'll try and figure
out what is wrong for 1.0b1.