[Spambayes] imapfilter.py -- 500 server error -- unexpectedstringor buffer

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Tue Sep 2 14:28:34 EDT 2003

> > If you're willing to, you could insert the line:
> >             print fol, type(fol)
> Thanks for the help!
[...]
('(\\NoSelect) "/" {15}', '\\var\\messages\\tron') <type 'tuple'>

> Once I deleted \var\messages\tron, the complete folder
> list was displayed with no errors (in the web interface),
> although the first letters of all the items
> were omitted (e.g., "news" became "ews").

It's been a while, but I've finally managed to get around to this.  The
problem was that your imap server was giving back the folder name as a
literal (the {15} bit), and I hadn't accounted for this (stupid
protocol).  This should be fixed in 1.0a5 (due 04Sep03), which would
mean that you could have the \var\messages\tron folder, and the first
letters should be back where they belong.

Thanks for the help figuring it out.