[Spambayes] Feature Freeze

Tony Meyer ta-meyer at ihug.co.nz
Fri Sep 5 16:21:07 EDT 2003

I figure we should probably announce this ;)  Apologies for cross-posting
this and the previous message.

As of now, we're not adding any new features to spambayes [1].  The reason
for this is to iron out any remaining bugs, without possibly adding more, so
that we can release 1.0b1.

If you come up with feature you would like added before the freeze is over
(a couple of weeks, probably), then the best idea is to open a patch or
feature request on sourceforge (http://sourceforge.net/projects/spambayes)
so that it doesn't get lost.  It will be dealt with at some point, but
please be patient.

(Developers: I guess if we want we could open a 1.1a1 branch if anyone wants
to add new features?  You lot are more clued than I am about cvs)

In addition, it would be great if everyone can test out 1.0a5 and 1.0a6 (due
very soon) and let us know about any bugs that you find.  It would be even
better if you could check the existing bug trackers to see if it has already
been reported!

Thanks!

=Tony Meyer

[1] This excludes the Outlook plug-in (Mark is his own law <wink>) and
building the new Windows binary.  Both of these are self-contained and don't
affect anything else.