[Spambayes] General configuration to change location of database

Ryan Malayter rmalayter at bai.org
Thu Sep 4 12:55:06 EDT 2003

From: Mark Hammond [mailto:mhammond at keypoint.com.au]
> Note that the data should go in a file called
> "default_configuration.ini".  I am fairly sure
> this works

I still think the "move database" feature is NOT working as documented.

I created a file:
C:\Documents and Settings\rmalayter\Application
Data\SpamBayes\default_configuration.ini

This file has only the following two lines:
[General]
data_directory: "C:\temp"

I then copy my default_bayes_database.db and
default_message_database.db, as well as <profilename>.ini, to the
c:\temp directory.

When I start outlook, I get a "spambayes plug-in failed to initialize"
error. Please note I have full permissions to every directory on the
machine, so that is not the issue. I laso tried these varaiations on the
data_directory line, and none of them worked:
data_directory:"C\temp"
data_directory:C:\temp
data_directory: C:\temp\
data_directory:C:\temp\
data_directory: "C:\temp\"

> If you still believe this a bug

I do, at the very least in the documentation, but possibly a regression
error in the plug-in. What is the "default_bayes_customize.ini" file's
purpose? I don't see it mentioned in the documentation.

> please give exact details of what you tried -
> the fully qualified name of the ini file you edited,
> the complete contents of that file, and the complete
> contents of the log.
> If you do this, please also reopen the bug.

The logfile results:

Error connecting to Outlook!
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "out1.pyz/addin", line 1053, in OnConnection
  File "out1.pyz/manager", line 724, in GetManager
  File "out1.pyz/manager", line 221, in __init__
LookupError: no codec search functions registered: can't find encoding
ERROR: 'There was an error initializing the SpamBayes
addin\r\n\r\nPlease re-start Outlook and try again.'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "out1.pyz/addin", line 1053, in OnConnection
  File "out1.pyz/manager", line 724, in GetManager
  File "out1.pyz/manager", line 221, in __init__
LookupError: no codec search functions registered: can't find encoding
SpamBayes - Disconnecting from Outlook
Addin terminating: 0 COM client and 1 COM servers exist.

I will re-open the bug.

	-Ryan-